Ideal Intern: Aspiring Financial Planner with passion for fee-only planning who can quickly develop the skills needed to work successfully in a client centered firm.
Plan for Internship:
Your goal for the internship will be to learn skills needed to be a fee-only financial planner, including hands on experience with the financial planning process, running a small business and back office client work. Applying that knowledge, your time will be divided between helping Advisors prepare for client appointments and projects to improve the efficiency and processes of the firm. We encourage our intern to apply these acquired skills for independent study credit.
Learning opportunities will include Redtail CRM Software, Total Rebalance Expert, other planning software packages, observing selected client meetings, interviewing techniques, and exposure to investment and custodial recommendations and processes.
About Bluestem Financial Advisors
Bluestem Financial Advisors is a small, but fast growing financial planning firm in Champaign, IL. We focus on providing comprehensive, lifelong financial and tax advice to clients who value a trusted partner in reaching their financial goals. Our firm values excellent client service and a workplace environment focused on work/life balance and personal and career fulfillment.
- Detailed-oriented, self-starter who takes initiative.
- The ability to complete tasks on time and with high accuracy.
- A basic understanding of personal financial planning topics including time value of money, financial planning process and related skills. High grades in financial planning and related courses.
- Strong computer skills. Excel skills required. Knowledge of other financial planning packages is a plus.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality without exception. Of the highest integrity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to simplify difficult financial concepts to educate a less experienced audience.
Terms of Employment
Internship period – May - August for 12-24 hours per week with possible option to continue for fall or spring semesters. Hours and exact start and end dates to be coordinated with Advisors.
Starting Pay - $10-12/hour based on education and experience.
Confidentiality agreement, background check and credit report required prior to employment.
To apply for the internship please upload a pdf copy of your resume below.